Pleasanton, Calif. – Simpson Strong-Tie, the leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, today released a Year in Review lookback at the company’s top product innovations for 2018. Engineered to provide job site efficiency, alleviate design and installation challenges, and solve for contractor issues that matter, Simpson Strong-Tie products released in 2018 ranged from structural steel seismic connectors to epoxy anchoring adhesives to auto-feed screw driving tools for decking contractors.
In September, Simpson Strong-Tie was recognized by Pro Tool Innovation Awards for its commitment to product improvement and innovation, receiving acclaim in the specialty drill bits category for the Simpson Strong-Tie® Deck-Drive™ DCU screw plug solution and in the drill/driver attachments category for its Quik Drive® PRODW drywall system.
“Manufacturers are consistently improving their tools. Each year, however, some exceed the norms and develop products which truly deserve recognition,” said Clint DeBoer, Executive Director of the Pro Tool Innovation Awards. “Business owners, builders, contractors and tradespeople really need to understand which products can help them work smarter and more efficiently. Often, they can also save a lot of money in either material costs or time savings, and that innovation goes straight into their pocketbook.”
Top Simpson Strong-Tie product innovations for 2018 include the following:
- The innovative Quik Drive® PRODW Drywall System, a lightweight auto-feed screw driving system for faster, easier drywall applications using a sturdy, lightweight tool.
- Titen HD® heavy-duty screw anchors (THDSS), the first large-diameter stainless-steel screw anchors designed for concrete and masonry use in severely corrosive interior or exterior environments.
- The Deck-Drive™ DCU screw plug solution, a complete hidden deck-fastening system comprising the Simpson Strong-Tie premium DCU Composite screw, the DCU screw plug and an Auto-Set Driver™ bit.
- The code-listed SET-3G™ High-Strength Anchoring Adhesive is formulated to yield superior performance and exceptional bond strength in threaded rod anchor and rebar dowel installations.
- An expansion of the Outdoor Accents® decorative hardware line to include a full collection of essential connectors and fasteners to provide structural strength and eye-catching design to outdoor living structures.
- The precision-made Yield-Link connection designed to simplify and streamline structural steel connections made in the field by eliminating the need for field-welding without compromising structural strength.
- The SCS seismic bypass framing connector, the first hybrid seismic clip engineered for either slide-clip or fixed-clip applications in high-seismic areas, and the first product of its kind to undergo full-scale cyclic research testing.
- The high-performance BTH brick tie, a first-of-its kind, cost-effective product capable of connecting brick and stone veneers to light-frame construction across spans up to three inches.
- The patent-pending MMHC hinged roof connector features an innovative hinge that rotates to make it easier for modular builders to construct stick-frame roofs in the factory that will fold flat during shipping.
- The SHH steel header hanger engineered to reduce drywall buildup and screw count when installed to support cold-formed steel box headers and large-flange lay-in headers used in curtain-wall construction.