Pleasanton, Calif. — Simpson Strong-Tie, the leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, has published its 2024-2025 Wood Construction Connectors catalog (C-C-2024), a comprehensive guide to the company’s most recent innovations, product line expansions and existing solutions for wood construction applications. The 372-page catalog offers extensive specification details and installation instructions for wood-to-wood, wood-to-masonry and wood-to-concrete structural connectors, as well as information on allowable loads, code reports, corrosion and coatings, fastener identification and more.
Among the new product additions to the catalog:
· DGT™/DGHT™ fire wall hangers: These fire wall hangers have a two-hour fire rating ideal for multifamily Type III residential construction and are designed and code listed to be installed with 1½” and 2½” power-driven or hand-installed nails.
· ACHZ™ heavy adjustable post cap: A new medium-capacity post cap, the ACHZ fills the gap between light-duty and heavy-duty caps, offering a medium- to high-level allowable load. It can be used for new or retrofit applications and either mid-beam or end-beam connections.
· Outdoor Accents® decorative hardware: New additions to the Outdoor Accents line include APVKB knee brace connectors, which make installation of bracing supports fast and easy, and APRT Rigid Tie® connectors, which are ideal for a variety of smaller projects and come in ZMAX® galvanized steel with a black powder-coat finish.
· ECB™ elevated column base: Ideal for installing posts on stacked balconies in multifamily structures, the ECB elevated column base features a 2” standoff to provide space for waterproofing material and a finish surface while still maintaining the required 1” standoff to prevent post decay.
· Mass timber connectors: The catalog includes four new mass timber connectors that are ideal for engineered wood construction applications, including the ACBH™ concealed beam hangers and HSKP™ heavy seated knife plate hanger.
· Offsite construction connectors: Also new are two offsite construction connectors, the SCLC™ stair cassette ledger connector for connecting preassembled stair cassettes to ledgers, and the MASOZ™ mudsill anchor for factory-built, sheathed panels.
“We’re excited to kick off the new year by sharing this new catalog with our customers. Since our last catalog, we’ve launched a number of innovative new wood construction connectors that are great for single-family and multifamily residential construction,” said Bryan Wert, Director of Connectors and Lateral Systems. “Additionally, we offer a PDF version of our catalog on strongtie.com that now features useful links to all our web applications, making finding and specifying the right products for the job even easier.”
Director, Marketing Communications at Simpson Strong-Tie
About Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc.
Simpson Strong-Tie is the world leader in structural solutions — products and technology that help people design and build safer, stronger homes, buildings, and communities. As a pioneer in the building industry, we have an unmatched passion for problem solving through skillful engineering and thoughtful innovation. Our structural systems research and rigorous testing enable us to design code-listed, value-engineered solutions for a multitude of applications in wood, steel, and concrete structures. Our dedication to pursuing ever-better construction products and technology and to surrounding our customers with exceptional service and support has been core to our mission since 1956. For more information, visit strongtie.com and follow us on Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.